Tuesday, October 3, 2017

College Destinys






















This is my first post on this blog Ive created as an information hub for my daugther who just went off the college at Florida State University this august. Since I cant be there with her its my way of helping out from so far away.


College life is expensive, heck, life is expensive, but the huge debt most college graduates have when graduating due to student loans, and the costs of college altogether, is staggering. In fact, the average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt. A recent study found 73 per cent of graduates will take so long to repay their debt they will qualify for it to be written off after 30 years – when most will be at least 51, and Three-quarters of university graduates will still be paying off student loans in their 50s.This is not the future I envision for my daugther upon graduating college.




I believe higher education should absolutely be part of the American dream and is absolutely something that adds value to your career, but it’s really important that you look at the cost of that education as compared to the value you expect to extract from it, and the career path you would like to be on.




So my question to myself was, “How can I help my daugther find money for college while shes in college, so that the amount she owes at the end is very minimal? And how can I get her to utilize the opportunities I find? 


My answer was, to create this blog as a database of all the money making and money saving offers I find. A database of all the important information / deadlines of any schloarships available to students already enrolled in college. This way she can look through the things I find at her own convenience, and when shes ready. Because As a parent I know I cant make her do anything, shes got to want to do it herself.




Lucky for her, making extra money online is one of my passions, I blog about the various ways Ive actually made money online on my blog at Roblana's Money Making Idea of the Day


Yet all the ways to make money I will list here, will be ways to get paid for doing things you are already doing,and/or can be done virtually, or without having to travel very far geared at college students, especially the students living far from home, in the dorms, who decided they didnt want to take their car in a foreign city. Students like my daugther, who will be eat, breathing and sleeping the FSU life, this year..




I love you daugther! Go Florida State!




No comments:

Post a Comment